OptiCaddy is a sturdy but lightweight second HDD Caddy of the latest generation made from aluminum (with great heat dissipation), with fully compatible SATA-3 electronics for maximum speeds. It features a plastic frame inside that helps to reduce vibrations of your second HDD.
This 2nd HDD Caddy lets you add a second hard disk or SSD to your computer. It features Opticaddy’s OptiSpeed Technology and weighs only 69g.
Possible OptiCaddy usage scenarios:
1) Hybrid scenario
SSD & HDD: this setup is best of both worlds. Have an SSD in your primary bay with your operating system installed on it and have a large HDD (currently up to 2 TB) in your Opticaddy to store all your photos, videos and other big files.
2) Huge storage scenario
HDD & HDD: install two hard drives into you laptop (currently up to 2 TB each) to get a combined volume of up to 4 TB in your laptop to store all your photos, videos and other big files.
– new generation of SATA-3 PCD board for fast and reliable transfer speeds
– compatible with all 7mm or 9.5mm 2.5″ HDDs and SSDs
– HDD/SSD connector type: SATA (SATA-1, 2, 3)
– plug&play, no additional softwares, drivers needed
– special frontplate to match your laptop
Compatible with the following Laptops:
– HP Compaq 6530b, 6535b, 6730b, 6730s, 6735b, 6735s
– HP EliteBook 6930p, 8440p, 8530p, 8540p
– HP EliteBook 8440w, 8530w, 8540w, 8730w, 8740w
– HP ProBook 6440b, 6445b, 6450b, 6455b, 6550b, 6555b
USB external enclosure for optical drive
With this external enclosure you can use your laptop’s optical drive externally. Does not need extra power supply, it is powered via USB.
The external enclosure is made of plastic.